Wednesday, April 1, 2009

BCI on House


If you love House, that great TV show starring Hugh Laurie as the cantankerous Dr. Gregory House, you should have noticed that they used a BCI in the most recent episode (season 5 episode 19). I was waiting for Hulu to have it up, but got enough emails and calls that I thought I would mention it today. Typical TV BCI, EEG-ish and mystical in operation, but the episode was pretty well done, with internal dialogue from the patient and no spelling of words as fast an able-bodied person could say them, but got a little cheesy. Still, this is an example of where an EEG system would make more sense than an implanted one. Cursor up for yes, cursor down for no.

1 comment:

Brendan said...

A friend of mine told me about this episode of House. I emailed about 50 BCI people about it, and posted comments below:

http://forums.fox.com/foxhouse/?msg=47649.3&post=y&guest=y

Post a Comment