Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Obama Day hooray

So, is anyone getting work done today? I'm getting a bunch of stuff done, but it's all that 'stuff that doesn't matter' type of stuff. I'm impressed that CNN managed to hold up under the number of viewers for the online stream.

Here's my first attempt at HDR photos from some of the Iceland pics. I'm pretty happy with how they turned out, especially since I spent only about 30 minutes on the (small) batch. A few are wonky and a few need better aligning, but the statue ones make me smile. Here's the Flickr set for the rest.




Anyhow, since I'm posting about nothing, here are the specs of the PC I'm building over the next two days:

CPU: Intel Core i7 940 (2.93GHz)
Mobo: EVGA x58 (they only make one)
RAM: 6GB DDR3 1600
GPU1: EVGA Nvidia Geforce GTX 295 (main display only)
GPU2: EVGA Nvidia Geforce 8600 GTS (for aux displays)
HDDs: 2x300GB 15,000RPM WD Velociraptors in RAID 0, 2x1.5TB Seagate drives (non-RAID)
Case: ABS Canyon 695
PSU: Seasonic 850W M12D
Monitors: My old Dells (24" widescreen main and 2x20" 4:3 aux)

...and it will be powered by the tears of children. Rahr!

1 comment:

Post a Comment